Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Shining Armor leaves TSU to become head coach at Cadence University of the Crystal Empire

Shining Armor leaves TSU to become head coach at Cadence University of the Crystal Empire

By Stan von Styne
The Daily Twilight
January 15, 2016


One of the drawbacks to having a solid, consistent program is keeping your coaching staff. Twilight Sparkle University is paying the price for success by seeing a third coaching change in four seasons. Shining Armor is returning to the Crystal Empire to coach the Monarchs of Cadence University.

"It saddens me that I have to leave my sister and everypony and everybody here at Twilie," Armor said, reflective but assertive. "I had a great coaching here, but ponies and people....move on with their lives. I wanted to head back to the empire and coach A-Mare-Ican Hoofball to students at Cadence U, which is named after my wife.

"The 'Narcs are going to compete in NCAA Division III as an independent. We have no intentions of joining Division I within the next 10 years, opting to organically build the program there. It's a much better situation for me personally, because I become more of a teacher than a coach.

"Am I going to miss the tradition here at Twilight Sparkle U? You bet I am. But in the end, I wanted to dedicate more time to my role as a figurehead while continuing my reputation as a coach. I am not going to forget the great times I had leading the finest team of athletes to fly the flag for the Pony Conference.

"I wish you all the best, and I leave my sister's university a champion."

A new coach will be announced soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment