Thursday, March 27, 2014

A fight song for Fluttershy



A fight song for Fluttershy

By Rosita Hernandez Vega
The Daily Yay
October 18, 2021

At Fluttershy College, students were asked by the founder, Fluttershy, to compose the fight song for the university. The winner of the contest, which saw 300 entries submitted, was a sophomore history major named Adrian Huang of Houston, Tex. The song, "Good Ol' Fluttershy Forever," was based on a tune called "Goodbye Dolly Gray."

"I dedicated this song to our current offensive coordinator, Coach Travis Rountsaville, because he told us that he likes slapstick comedy and hilarious bite to musical garbage," said Huang while eating a dagwood with his mouth open. "No, seriously, it's an infectious song that the Spirit community will like. Just ask Collingwood."

"I like the tune, it's simple and fresh," said Fluttershy. "I sometimes hum the melody when I'm working in my office. I like the confidence in the lyrics, too. I think we call it a shot in the arm. Something."

---

Good Ol' Fluttershy forever,
We know how to play the game.
Hearts and hooves will stick together
To uphold the Spirit name.
See the barrackers a-shouting,
Pointing up to the sky.
Oh, the game will be a cakewalk
For the Good Ol' Fluttershy. Yay!



No comments:

Post a Comment